Saturday, September 12, 2009

Flexing and Stretching My Muscles!



No, that is not me in the picture. But yes, this is me, Jason, writing this. As you may well know by now, I am leaving on Tuesday morning with my mom to fly to Seoul, Korea to pick up my daughter. Because I want to document that trip to be able to remember it well and so that Meg and the boys will be able to follow, and so that one day Jayne Riley will be able to see the trip her Daddy and her Mimi took, I am flexing and stretching my blogging muscles. They will be getting some heavy use in the next week, so I had better knock the dust off now.

It is 3:00 in the morning as I write this, but I couldn't sleep. I couldn't help but think that halfway across the world, at 5:00 in the evening, that in some house in the 5th largest city in the world, my daughter is probably letting her sweet foster mother know she is very hungry. Wow! I couldn't help but think, as I could not get back to sleep, that in the craziness of getting our Travel Call yesterday I had not even so much said "Thank you!" to my Father in heaven. "Thank you, God for your tremendous blessing of my daughter! Thank you God for giving my wife the desire to adopt so many years ago and then working in my heart through her many prayers just over 3 years ago to give me that same desire! Thank you God that my boys are about to pop to meet their sister! Thank you in advance for how sweet they will be with her! Thank you for giving us family and friends who have been so supportive of us during this process! And thank you most of all for adopting me to be your son, and giving your Son, Jesus, in order to make it happen. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

And thanks to you for letting me stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment