Sunday, September 20, 2009

Saturday

We laid low quite a bit today. Things change when an infant is brought into the picture. For some reason, I thought I could cart her all over Seoul as the wind blew through her hair (did anyone notice it sticks up :-) ?). But not so! She dictated just about everything today.

Here is a picture of Jayne Riley in her new baby carrier-


We finally left the hotel around 2:00 pm and went to the Seoul Tower, which is a tower sitting atop Namsan mountain (I guess that's the name of it, it's right in the middle of Namsan Park) right in the middle of Seoul.

We are ready to tackle it!

An elevator takes you up to the observatory where you have a 360 degree view of the city and beyond. Jayne Riley couldn't get enough of it.



On each window, there were mile markers (actually, kilometer markers, to cities all around the world



One of the neat things at the tower is the locks that go around the base of the tower. You can't see them, because I didn't think to take a picture of them, but there are literally thousands upon thousands upon thousands of locks all around the tower. Pretty cool! People bring their own or buy locks at the tower (tourists like me) and if they can find a space, I believe I heard someone say a couple would write their names on it and lock it to the fence and your love will flourish like a never ending stream (or something cheesy like that). So I bought one and wrote our family's names on it and attached it to the fence. Voila!



We rode the cable car down the mountain and I was so glad the cable didn't break (it always seems like you hear about that happening), so I was glad it didn't happen while we were on it.


We then took a taxi to Namdaemun Market, a huge Market that sold just about everything under the sun. We bought a few souvenirs and then went back to the hotel.




Mom gave our little princess a bath


Jayne Riley turned in around 7:30 and the time between then and 9:30 or 10:00 was a bit fuzzy. It was an exhausting day, but fun to be with mom and Jayne Riley.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, can't think of any word that describes this. I really, really can't wait to meet little Jayne Riley Edwards and I'm so excited for all of you.

    As to that lock, I know it is just a symbol of what already exists in the Edwards family. :-)

    ReplyDelete