Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Met My Baby Girl!!!!

Mom and I just got back to the hotel from visiting with Jayne Riley for the first time. I'll have to say it was an unbelievable moment and also overwhelming too (in a good way!). We were supposed to pick her up on Monday for good but we've been asked to pick her up tomorrow... FOR GOOD! I'm not sure how many of you are good at math, but that is 4 nights in a hotel with Daddy and Mimi. The Mimi thing is ok, but Daddy is hoping his skills return quickly. We are excited, because we will get to take her around the city in her baby carrier.

She is sooooo cute and I held her the entire time (about 45 minutes). She never cried or even whimpered. She would look at my eyes when I said, "Appa", which means Daddy in Korean. She would give me a good, long stare. I went ahead and said she could pick out the car she wants when she turns 16. Some people told me about a daughter wrapping her Daddy around her finger, and I think I realize what they meant.

I can't wait for the boys to meet her. They are going to love all over her. And let me tell you, she's got a lot to love. She is doing quite well, weight wise. Cheeks are perfect for a lot of kissing, too.

Her foster mother was so sweet and you can tell she loves Jayne Riley very much. We are so thankful for the wonderful care the foster family was able and willing to give her for her almost 9 months of life thus far. Tomorrow will be a difficult time when we say our goodbyes. Her foster mother gave us two sets of pictures taken of Jayne Riley since she was born and they are so cute. We are so glad to have them to see what she looked like before we got her.

When we got back to the hotel, Mom and I called Meg on Skype and so I got to show her a lot of the pictures that were given to us and tell her all about our meeting. She was so excited and went and woke up her mom (11:00 pm, Starkville time) and Grandaddy even got in on the action as well. Everyone wanted to see their little angel.

I am posting a bunch of pictures here of her from our meeting. Enjoy!











As you can see, Mimi had her hands full with the all-important duty of video and picture taking. Thanks Mimi!

We are going to go now to the Korea War Museum and then to a huge tourist mall called the COEX Mall. Then we will go watch the Doosan Bears (One of several professional baseball teams in Seoul) play a game tonight. Looking forward to it all and I would imagine we will be reporting on it afterwards.

God bless,

Jason

7 comments:

  1. She is BEAUTIFUL! :) Congrats on finally meeting your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jayne is BEAUTIFUL!! Her foster mother was our son's foster mother and she is wonderful!! If you get a chance, will you tell Mrs. C that Kim Do Won's mom and dad (Lisa and Eric) send their love and hope she's enjoying the pictures we sent of their time together in Seoul, in Washington and his 5th birthday picture in the hanbok she gave him? Do Won sends his love, too! (We're not sure if she's been getting our letters as we haven't heard, but wanted her to know how much she still means to all of us!). Enjoy the rest of your time and blessing of getting your darling girl early! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is precious!!! Okay, my days are mixed up, so what is the actual day you get her for good? Will it be Sept. 18th?
    Oh, Jason, we can't wait to see her! I know you can't wait to get her home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! What a cutie! Can not wait to kiss those cheeks! I know you're hearta are so happy! Congratulations!!!!

    Love you,
    Kibbe

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet baby girl! We can't wait to meet her. God has already been gracious to Jayne Riley by providing her with such a loving foster mother. We will be thinking about all of you today as you say good-bye to her and aquire a new traveler for the rest of your trip. Sending you wishes of fun-filled days and sleep-filled nights. hugs~The Nolens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I've shown all the pics to everyone in my office...they couldn't wait to see them! She is so precious and so blessed have had a great foster mom and to be coming home to another wonderful, loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your comments. It is fun to hear your comments and to know you are praying. To Eric and Lisa, I will share that with Mrs. C tomorrow.
    Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete