Wednesday, September 16, 2009

We're Here!

It has been my lifelong dream to fly on a 747 and I finally got to do it. Here I am about to board the plane behind me, not even realizing what I was in for: 13 hours of sitting, sitting, and more sitting, being in the next to the last row on the plane, with a smorgasbord of aromas, and watching four different movies on my video screen.




Mom sat right behind me (she was in the very last row :-)), and we were in the window seats and each of us had a man sitting in the aisle who slept the whole time which made it hard for us to get up to walk around or use the rest room. Anyhow, we made it to Incheon International Airport (check out my video of the landing below) and the ride to Seoul took about 45 minutes.



We made it to the hotel around 6:00 pm Seoul time (4:00 am Starkville time) and both about crashed when we got to the room. We fought off the urge to sleep and walked to the top of the hotel to check out the views of the city (and the pool!). Went downstairs to the convenience store and I bought me 2 Dr. Peppers!!! YES! Oh yeah, we also enjoyed a chicken teriyaki sandwich.

I am writing all this waiting to call Meg and the boys in just a minute, while at the same time I am completely overwhelmed that when I wake up in the morning, I get to go and meet Jayne Riley for the first time. I kind of laughed to myself as we were being hauled around in the crazy traffic today, thinking of her coming with her foster mom and being hauled in that same traffic. I thought about what she looks at while she is being chauffeured around. I thought about what she will think of me when she sees me. I hope she takes to me. Many thoughts rush through my head, but I will find out for certain tomorrow morning at 11:00 (that will be 9:00 pm Wednesday night for all you reading this in the Central Time Zone.

If you think about it during your day tomorrow, please pray for my meeting with Jayne Riley, that it would be a sweet meeting, where she sees for the first time the man she will soon call "Daddy", and that she will soon feel safe with me. I can't wait to hold her in my arms and hug and kiss my sweet little girl! Thank you for your prayers!!

See you tomorrow!

Jason

5 comments:

  1. that is sweet daddy! we miss you and are so glad we got to see your face this morning. give her a hug and a kiss from all of us! and mimi too. we love you!!

    mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord,

    We know that you will be honored and glorified today as the picture of adoption becomes tangilble and unbelieveably real to the Edwards. Bless this exchange between this eager daddy and sweet baby girl. Thank you for granting us the opportunity to meet with You, a holy and revered God. Now we ask, that this meeting of all meetings will be graced with your amazing presence!

    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason,

    We are praying for you and are so glad that you made it over there safely. I can't believe you are meeting sweet Jayne Riley today! We'll be praying the it will be a smooth transition for you both. We can't wait to welcome her to Starkville!

    Love,
    The Sorgenfreis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just said a little prayer for you! Been thinking about you all day & watching the Seoul clock tick wondering if you're even sleeping at all! Can't wait to check the blog later. What a special day for a blessed little girl & her new family.

    Love you,
    Kibbe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been praying for y'all and will continue to do so! (and by the way, I'm shocked that you found Dr. Pepper the first day there-very nice!)

    ReplyDelete